ISUZU's New Gasoline-powered Class 5 Truck Features Allison Transmission
Allison Transmission, the largest global manufacturer of medium- and heavy-duty fully automatic transmissions, will be the exclusive transmission for Isuzu’s just-announced gasoline-powered NQR and NRR Class 5 trucks. Equipped with the Allison 1000 Rugged Duty SeriesTM (RDS) transmission, the new trucks will offer a power takeoff (PTO) option for the first time by Isuzu in a gas-powered truck.
With the upcoming challenges of emissions regulations, Isuzu paired its Class 5 low cab forward truck with a 6.0-liter V8 gasoline engine—an industry first for the 19,500 lb. GVWR. The NQR and NRR gas models have a GVWR of 17,950 and 19,500 lbs., respectively, and produce 311 horsepower and generate 353 lbs.-ft. of torque. With the durable six-speed Allison 1000 RDS transmission, this powerful truck will be able to bring productivity to a whole new level.
“Allison’s RDS transmissions are designed to increase performance and provide superior vehicle control,” said Rohan Barua, Vice President, North America OEM Sales at Allison Transmission. “Combining our transmissions with Isuzu’s new sustainable trucks will not only meet stringent emissions standards, but will provide greater reliability in some of the toughest environments that our customers face. The PTO feature with Allison’s Transmission Control Module commands how and when the PTO engages, providing drivers better control by monitoring operating conditions.”
The PTO option enables users to run power auxiliary equipment, such as dump truck bodies, tow truck winches, hydraulic tools and bucket lifts, providing even more capabilities in a variety of vocations. Many fleets have historically chosen to equip their trucks with PTO-enabled Allison RDS transmissions to add to the residual value to their trucks. The PTO functionality increases capability and flexibility of trucks in the secondary market.
“For many years, Isuzu and Allison have provided a powerful combination to meet the needs of our customers and improve emissions in demanding conditions,” said Shaun C. Skinner, President, Isuzu Commercial Truck of America and Isuzu Commercial Truck of Canada. The NQR and NRR with gasoline engines and Allison 1000 RDS transmissions are expected to be available as early as the fourth quarter of 2020.
- Jiangxi Isuzu Delivers 44 Units JIM EV pickups to Shanghai Pudong Airport Group 2019-07-05
- Jiangxi Isuzu Releases Three Pickups in Kunming 2019-05-23
- Qingling Isuzu Secures an Order of 100 Units Trucks 2019-01-11
- Isuzu Philippines Pagbilao Dealership Opens Its Door to Serve Customers 2018-10-12
- Cummins and Isuzu Sign Letter of Intent to Evaluate Partnership Opportunities 2018-10-09
- The 50,000th Isuzu N-Series Truck Rolls off Line in America 2018-08-07
- Isuzu Plans to Export Big Trucks and Expects 3% Export growth for 2018 2018-02-28
- Isuzu Breaks Commercial Truck Sales Records 2018-01-23
- Isuzu Debuts Blue Power Euro V trucks at the 2017 PhilConstruct Manila 2018-01-15
- Isuzu to Launch Small EV Truck at End of 2018 2017-12-27
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Starts Operating Its Battery Factory in Brazil
- Kenworth Produces Last Severe-Service K500 Cabover
- Dongfeng Starts Construction on Its New Factory in Shiyan
- LNG Truck Sales Expected to Reach 113 Thousand Units by End of 2020
- ZOOMLION Listed in China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands for 17 Consecutive Years
- ZOOMLION’s 38m Truck Mounted Pump for India Rolls off Assembly Line
- Foton Signed a Strategic Cooperation Framework Agreement with Weichai
- Foton's Brand Value Reached 168.592 Billion RMB
- JAC and VW Cooperation Process
- Hyundai Targets 15% of European Hydrogen Truck Market by 2030
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Chinese Heavy Truck Makers Set Higher Sales Targets for 2020
- JAC Truck Achieves 23,000 Units Sales in July, a 40.8% YoY Growth
- China’s Tractor Sales Saw Surging Growth in July
- Foton's July Truck Sales Seen Surging Growth
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Hit New High in July
- Foton Overseas Sales Grow Against the Trend in H1, 2020
- China's Pickup Truck Output And Sales Went Up in June
- China’s Medium-size Trucks Sales Totalled 13,000 Units, Up 36.8% Year-on-Year
- Hongyan Tops the Dumper Sales List in June
- JAC Light Duty Truck Sales Exceeds 100 Thousands Units with 6% YoY Growth in H1