Cummins and Navistar Announce New Long-term Agreement
Global power leader Cummins Inc. (NYSE: CMI) and Navistar International Corp. (NYSE: NAV) announced another step forward in their partnership by extending their long-term agreement through the next two emission cycles, with Cummins being selected as Navistar’s preferred supplier of medium-duty and heavy-duty big bore engines for International Trucks and IC Buses in US and Canada.
“We’re excited to deepen what is an already strong partnership with Navistar, spanning more than 80 years,” said Srikanth Padmanabhan, President, Engine Business at Cummins Inc. “Navistar is a critical partner to Cummins and we believe the International LT® Series trucks paired with the Cummins X15TM Efficiency Series and Eaton Cummins Endurant HD transmission provides the best fuel economy, improved uptime and overall TCO for our mutual long haul customers.”
With Cummins’ successful launch of the 2021 Greenhouse Gas compliant X15 Efficiency Series engine this year, International Truck customers receive the most reliable and highly fuel efficient 15-liter product available.
“The Cummins engine paired with Navistar International vehicles showcase technology-driven innovation that delivers the performance heavy-duty customers have come to expect to meet the demanding transportation needs of today and tomorrow,” Padmanabhan said. “Extending this relationship through a long-term partnership ensures that both companies will be able to collaborate and meet the challenges of the next emissions cycles and beyond.”
The Cummins B6.7 and L9 engines will continue to power the International MV and HV Series trucks, as well as Navistar’s IC Bus CE and RE Series school buses.
“This new long-term agreement with Cummins, in combination with our proprietary powertrains, will offer International customers the most competitive and fuel efficient engines in the market while reducing our investment requirements to meet future emissions regulations,” said Phil Christman, President, Operations, Navistar. “The extension of our partnership allows both companies to optimize future research and development investments in existing technologies as well as the flexibility to invest in advanced technologies.”
- Cummins Releases 2019 Sustainability Progress Report 2020-07-22
- Cummins Delivers Fuel Cells for Refuse Trucks in Europe 2020-07-17
- Cummins to Form Joint Venture with NPROXX for Hydrogen Storage 2020-06-30
- Cummins Names Amy Davis Vice President and President – New Power Segment 2020-06-17
- Dongfeng Cummins New Production Base: A New Model for Intelligent Manufacturing 2020-05-19
- Dongfeng Cummins Sold a Record High of 26,000 Units Engines in April，2020 2020-05-06
- 30 ISZ-powered Dongfeng KL Tractors Were Delivered to Customer 2020-05-06
- Dongfeng Cummins Produced 18,000 Units Engines from April 1 to 16 2020-04-22
- Cummins China Donated Three Million RMB to Epidemic-stricken Areas 2020-02-05
- Foton Cummins Becomes Global Beacon Factory 2020-01-14
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Starts Operating Its Battery Factory in Brazil
- Kenworth Produces Last Severe-Service K500 Cabover
- Dongfeng Starts Construction on Its New Factory in Shiyan
- LNG Truck Sales Expected to Reach 113 Thousand Units by End of 2020
- ZOOMLION Listed in China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands for 17 Consecutive Years
- ZOOMLION’s 38m Truck Mounted Pump for India Rolls off Assembly Line
- Foton Signed a Strategic Cooperation Framework Agreement with Weichai
- Foton's Brand Value Reached 168.592 Billion RMB
- JAC and VW Cooperation Process
- Hyundai Targets 15% of European Hydrogen Truck Market by 2030
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Chinese Heavy Truck Makers Set Higher Sales Targets for 2020
- JAC Truck Achieves 23,000 Units Sales in July, a 40.8% YoY Growth
- China’s Tractor Sales Saw Surging Growth in July
- Foton's July Truck Sales Seen Surging Growth
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Hit New High in July
- Foton Overseas Sales Grow Against the Trend in H1, 2020
- China's Pickup Truck Output And Sales Went Up in June
- China’s Medium-size Trucks Sales Totalled 13,000 Units, Up 36.8% Year-on-Year
- Hongyan Tops the Dumper Sales List in June
- JAC Light Duty Truck Sales Exceeds 100 Thousands Units with 6% YoY Growth in H1